Holiday Lights Tour
With the dark days of winter upon us, many Astoria and Warrenton residents enjoy seeing the holiday light displays that their friends, neighbors and area businesses put together. While a lot of the fun each year is had while exploring the neighborhoods to see what might be found around the next corner, we thought we’d take some of the guess work out this year and compile a map of these holiday displays. Once you’ve toured the sites in Astoria and Warrenton, head over to Seaside and check out the Holiday Lights Tour from their Chamber, too.
Grab your family, load the car and head out to do some shopping, grab take out and finish the day with a tour of lights. Break it up and do a few at a time and make a few outings. Have fun!
Cast a vote for your favorite. Come back here to access the ballot during the voting period of December 21-27. We'll announce the winner the week of the 28th. UPDATE - We'll announce winners the week of January 4 (we got delayed with the holiday season.)
This is a collaborative effort of the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce and Clatsop County OSU Extension Service.
CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP (version 2 - 12.17)
Using the legend, you can hide/show the two layers of the map as you wish.
The green light bulbs mark the window displays up for votes in the ADHDA contest (see more info below).
The red light bulbs mark the locations with lights that were registered directly with us, or suggested by the Clatsop County Christmas Lights group on Facebook.
Click the location name either in the list or on the map pin for more information about the display, some driving notes and even a photo when one was provided.
The map is meant to be interactive and used on your phone or other device and is not easy to print. For those of you that requested a printed copy, here is a list of addresses.
Please be respectful when you visit a property, obey the rules of the road (and COVID guidelines) and most importantly - have FUN! Please help us observe quiet hours after 9 p.m.
Help us spread the joy! Click to print a poster to share on a bulletin board or invite your friends to join our facebook event.
We'll be giving away local gift cards to people who go out to see the lights as well as to the residences receiving the most votes for people's choice. Prizes are sponsored by the Clatsop County OSU Extension Service.
Multiple ways to win:
- Sign up to list your residence on our map to be included in the "people's choice" ballot.
- The first version of the map will be available the afternoon of Dec. 11, but we will update as more homes are listed through the month.
- Cast a vote for your favorite. Come back here to access the ballot during the voting period of December 21-27. We'll announce the winner the week of the 28th.
- VOTE HERE: https://forms.gle/pnJaUhu5hzqnANFa7
- Share a photo! Show us your holiday spirit with pictures of your group, your completed scavenger hunt form or your favorite decorations. Photo entries will be collected from Instagram if posted publicly using hashtag #AstoriaWarrentonHolidays or by uploading your photo to our photo collector here: http://www.oldoregon.com/about/photos (You may enter multiple times - more photos, more chances to win.)
Here are a couple of activities for you to do while you enjoy the decorations.
- Santa's Starting Line - We encourage you to start your tour with these partner businesses and grab some essentials for your outing, milk and cookies for Santa, or check off a few items from your shopping list. Snap a photo of yourself with their decorations or window sign, then share your photo to be entered into the prize drawing.
- Holiday Decorations Scavenger Hunt - Can you find everything on our list of holiday decorations? Step it up and compete with your family, friends or neighbors to see who can check off the most items or complete the list first. Share a photo of your completed form for an additional entry in our prize drawings.
- Nine Tips Checklist - The holiday season is full of traditions and opportunities to make memories. Here are a nine tips (like Santa's nine reindeer) to make the most of your holiday lights tour.
- ADHDA Window Decorating Contest - We've included the businesses that are a part of the Astoria Downtown Historic District Association's window decoration contest on the map, too. Take a stroll downtown to enjoy the windows in person, do some shopping, grab a bite to eat, and make a day of it!
We are looking for your help to fill in our map. If you have decorated your house or business, add yourself to the list of jolly locations by filling out this simple form. If you know of a must-see house or neighborhood, encourage them to sign up, too. The first version of the map will be shared on December 11. (Additional locations submitted after the 11th will be included as we will update regularly throughout the month.)
We are no longer accepting new locations for the map.
This program is coordinated by the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce & Clatsop County OSU Extension Service