Tongue Point Job Corps Center
Make a social impact while you work!
Posting Dates: July 11 - 23, 2017 Requisition: 12243 BR
Position Title: Maintenance Worker Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Starting Pay: $13.00/per hour Schedule: Mon - Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and
after-hour emergencies, as needed
Join a team of professionals at Tongue Point Job Corps Center, operated by MTC for the U.S. Department of Labor, making a social impact by providing young adults quality education and career training. We teach 473 students, ages 16-24, the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills needed to become successful. A Job Corps campus is like a mini-city. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years.
MTC offers an excellent benefits package with both company paid and optional benefits. 401(k) fully vested after one year. We offer 11 paid holidays, three weeks’ vacation, and two weeks’ sick time. Enjoy free use of our fitness facility, racquetball court and low-cost meals in our dining hall.
Brief Job Description: Responsible for performing center maintenance and repair in electrical, carpentry, plumbing or painting, in compliance with government and management directives.
· Perform repair and maintenance on structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning, roads, grounds, and drainage systems.
· Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, and fuses, etc.
· Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
· Install window coverings and security locks.
· Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
· Prepare surfaces for finishing, e.g., painting, as directed.
· Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment; and routine checks of electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
· Document all work utilizing a computerized maintenance management program.
· Provide day-to-day work direction to work-based learning students assigned to the department.
· Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff, and other Center customers.
Education/Experience Requirements: HS diploma or equivalent and four years related facility maintenance experience. Ability to lift 50 pounds of equipment or materials. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record.
To Apply: Go to www.mtcjobs.com and select Job Corps & Corrections tab, click on the Search Openings link and enter Astoria as the keyword, Internal candidates need to go to: http://inside.mtctrains.com apply AND submit a Notification of Job Bid form to Human Resources. Questions call 503-338-4961.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MTC Values Diversity!
Tongue Point is a drug-free workplace and has a tobacco-free campus.