Position Title: Campus Security Officer Wages: $13.00/hour
Status: Full-Time, nonexempt Reports to: Safety, Security & Transp. Manager
Brief Job Description: Responsible for performing guard, patrol, investigative and safety duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, fire, flood, or similar disaster, in compliance with government and management directives.
· Ensure safety and security of staff, students, buildings, and property through patrols, inspections, and investigations.
· Maintain logs; write incident reports and accident documentation.
· Conduct searches when required; assure accountability of students; complete student and visitor check-in and check-out procedures.
· Conduct telephone switchboard and radio dispatch duties at main gate.
· Assist with development of new safety policies and procedures.
· Transport students in rural or urban environments as needed.
· Participate in student employability programs and activities.
· Provide positive, quality customer service to students and staff.
Shift: Full time working four 10 hour days as follows:
Wed & Thurs: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am / Sat & Sun: Midnight to 10:00 am / Mon., Tues., & Fri. off
Education & Experience Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent. Have the ability to occasionally lift and carry 50-70 pounds and frequently climb stairs for patrols, investigations, and emergencies. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer proficiency. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with acceptable driving record. Willing and able to obtain Oregon DPSST Unarmed Private Security Certification within 4 weeks of hire. For more information on DPSST requirements go to:
Preferred: Two years of experience with the U.S. Armed Forces, EMS, security, police, or fire-fighting organization.
To Apply: Go to www.mtc.jobs, enter Astoria under the Where tab, then select the position you are interested in. Once the position opens, select the Apply Now tab. Internal candidates need to log into Jobvite. Please remember to submit a signed Job Bid Form. Questions call 503-338-4961.
Benefits: MTC offers an excellent benefits package with both company paid and optional benefits. Eligible for fully vested 401(k) after one year. We offer 11 paid holidays, three weeks vacation, and two weeks sick time. Enjoy free use of our fitness facility, racquetball courts and low-cost meals in our dining hall.
Join a team of professionals at Tongue Point Job Corps Center, operated by MTC for the U.S. Department of Labor, making a social impact by providing young adults quality education and career training. We teach 473 students, ages 16-24, the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills needed to become successful. A Job Corps campus is like a mini-city. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years.