DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Sells advertising time/internet space (as applicable) and works with advertisers to help market
themselves to the station’s listeners.
• Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing,
collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing.
• Regularly meets with 8-10 prospective and current clients per day to create and maintain sales relationships.
• Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations.
• Assists with collections and accounts receivable functions as needed.
• GSM will work daily with the specialist to maximize growth. GSM may travel, follow or GPS track the specialist during business hours to sales calls to improve efficiency, time management and organizational skills.
• Specialist is required to start the workday at the office at 8:30am, return by 4:30pm to input all meeting notes .
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Knowledge of sales principles and practices. Knowledge of products, customer, needs, competition and market trends. Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision. Computer literacy in applicable programs. Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines. Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma. A valid drivers license and reliable mode of transportation
May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. Able to sit for extended periods of time.
STANDARD WORK HOURS
Monday through Friday 8:00am-5pm