Full Time Administrative Assistant
The administrative assistant provides daily support to the Executive Director and the Deputy Director. The administrative assistant serves as one of the critical first points of contact for external customers seeking information about the Museum. The candidate will work in an office environment as support staff who help their colleagues stay organized and effectively communicate internally with one another and externally with clients. Provides general clerical duties and front office coordination.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provides professional administrative support to the Executive Director, Deputy Director. Including but not limited to maintaining calendars, coordination of meetings, preparing correspondence, copying, faxing, filing, conducting research projects, preparing reports, researching and maintaining contact lists.
* Provides administrative support to the Museum by arranging staff meetings, preparing agendas and maintaining the office calendar.
* Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of donor, staff and organization information.
* Open or closes the administrative office area during normal business hours such as locking or unlocking doors and turning lights on or off. Greets visitors to the office area.
* Answers the main phone line, transferring calls and/ or taking messages.
* Works with vendors to maintain office equipment and supplies.
* Processes daily mail - sorting, stamping and delivering all incoming mail and faxes.
* Prepares outgoing mail with postage, maintain postage materials and arrange shipment with vendors such as UPS/ FedEx.
* Assist with incoming payments by maintaining registration, notifying appropriate staff of receipts, assisting the membership department with deposit verification.
* Provides administrative support for all Board and Committee meetings including but not limited to arranging meeting dates, preparing agendas, providing meeting materials, preparing meeting space either in person or virtually, arranging and coordinating any catering services. Maintain Trustee registry, contact lists, governing documents and other materials. Maintains and provides Trustees with museum documents such as the “Trustee Handbook.” As requested, attends meetings to record, transcribe and distribute the minutes.
* Maintain governance documentation, maintains minutes of board and committee meetings, and coordinates meetings and presentations as requested.
A full job description and application are available at https://www.crmm.org/join-our-crew.html