Lewis & Clark National Historical Park - Fort Clatsop
AttractionArts, Heritage & CultureMuseum
Open daily 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (6:00p.m. late June - Labor Day) (closed Christmas Day).
From Astoria: Go south on 101 across Youngs Bay Bridge into Warrenton; go left on Marlin Ave, left on Bus/Alt 101, left on Ensign, right on Fort Clatsop Road, then left to the visitor center parking.
Fort Clatsop is the site on the Lewis and Clark River where the 33-member Lewis and Clark Expedition wintered from December 7, 1805, until March 23, 1806. The park includes the 2006 replica of the 50 foot square fort; a visitor center with exhibits, bookstore and theater; historic canoe landing, and a view of a seasonal spring joined by trails through the wetlands and rainforest (young Sitka spruce and western hemlock) of the park.
About 13 miles of hiking trails including the Fort to Sea Trail, a place at Netul Landing to hand-launch canoes and kayaks (near high tide), and covered picnic areas are available for year-round recreation.
During the summer, living history programs, ranger-led hikes, and a canoeing program enhance the story of the Corps of Discovery's winter among the Clatsop people. On March 23, 1806, they started their journey up the Columbia River heading home to the United States.
- Phone: (503) 861-2471
- Send an Email
- 92343 Fort Clatsop Road Astoria OR 97103